Contract: Temp/Perm - Temp 1 year to gain Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
Salary: Minimum £4.20 per hour dependant on age
Required as soon as possible, Pilton CC wish to appoint an apprentice to carry out the function of Receptionist whose main role will be to maintain a responsive and caring reception service for staff, pupils, parents and visitors and word processing support to staff. Full support will be given over the year, for you to achieve your NVQ level 2 in Business Administration.
Reception responsibilities include:
- To offer a friendly and efficient Reception service for both telephone and personal enquiries
- To ensure the Main Office and Reception Area are kept tidy and well organised and presented
- To file pupil reports and records
- To administer the Free School Meals register
- Manage the production and distribution of Student Planners
- Manage the pupil locker system, oversee installation, key distribution and retrieval
- To manage the receipt of parcels/deliveries and ensure that goods are quickly checked off and issued to departments
- To word process minutes, agendas and correspondence
- To operate the SIMS pupil data system in order to retrieve pupil information
- To take part in a programme of Staff Development as required
- Assist with First Aid when the First Aider is absent or busy.
Ideally you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to multi task, be IT literate and have experience of working with the public.
Pilton Community College is a member of the Primary Academies Trust, a group of 12 Devon schools who actively work together on improving outcomes for pupils collaboratively and actively supporting its staff. There are opportunities to build your career within great schools in a great network.
Please apply by completing the application form, explaining in your supporting statement your reasons for your suitability for the post and email to email@example.com
Application packs can be downloaded from the DCC website – by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: 20th January 2017
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date of interview.
The Primary Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure is required for this post. The Primary Academies Trust and is an equal opportunities employer.