Junior Buyer / Buying Assistant / Assistant Buyer -Craft Market
Job Title: Junior Buyer
Location: Pynes Hill, Exeter
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent Full Time, 35.75 hpw
Our client operates internationally renowned craft brand from its base in Pynes Hill, Exeter. They are looking for a Junior Buyer to join their team to play a key part in supporting the Commercial Director with sourcing new product and managing product range. The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge of the craft market and some experience working in a commercial role. They will be a fast learner who can adapt quickly to change and have the ability to cope with the pace and pressure of a fast paced retail business.
- Sourcing new products for the ecommerce and catalogue business.
- Consider margin goals when selecting and pricing new product and supplier selection.
- Assist the commercial team in managing existing ranges and inventory levels and managing the mix of live and discontinued stock lines.
- Support the clearance of over-stocked lines to maximise margin.
- Oversee the set-up of new products to maximise sales online, including attention to copy and product imagery.
- Contribute to strategy for product selection, product management and pricing strategy.
- Use historic sales data by product and category to identify new product opportunities.
- Be aware of competitor product ranges and product strategy to help inform the product selection and differentiate.
- Communicate well with the other teams about new buying, supplier selection and ranges.
- Contribute to marketing planning with clear communication of product USPs and benefits to enable marketing messages.
- Work with the Commercial Team to select test product to research new revenue opportunities.
- Assist in selecting product for catalogue mailings and work on a flat plan with the marketing team in line with catalogue mailing schedules.
- Contribute to customer service queries where required.
- Ensure systems are used correctly so that the Operations and Warehousing Teams have sufficient information.
- Knowledge of the craft market is preferred
- Common sense approach to buying
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercially aware
- Strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Drive and motivation
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Office with good spreadsheet skills
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Buying Assistant, Online Buying Assistant, E-Commerce Assistant Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement, Business Management Graduate, Supply Chain Administrator, Purchasing, Assistant Buyer, Supply Chain Graduate, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant will be considered for this role.
Apply for Junior Buyer / Buying Assistant / Assistant Buyer -Craft Market
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly