Gardener (Part Time)
Taunton, TA1 2ES
Our client requires a part-time gardener to assist keen disabled gardeners who grow organic fruit, vegetables and flowers in Taunton. One garden is large and one is medium-sized. Both grow produce to exhibit at the annual Taunton Flower Show. Our client's disabled gardeners are wheelchair users and so much of each garden is in tubs or raised beds. The large garden (which is approximately 73 metres long) contains several fruit trees, soft fruit bushes, a large number of raised beds growing fruit, vegetables and flowers (including asparagus beds), a rosarium, a pond, frogs and a slow worm.
Our client is a unique micro care agency which specialises in the care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E. The agency which was established by its managers and service users has recently been rated as OUTSTANDINGby the Care Quality Commission. The report described the agency as being “innovative” and “inspiring”.This post will enable our client to fulfil part of its personalised wellbeing programme which aims to improve the quality of life of its service users.
• Ability to garden organically,
• Have a range of general gardening skills including, weeding, digging, lawn mowing, hedge trimming, tree trimming, planting and watering.
• Ability to paint and repair woodwork (fencing and seating)
• Ability to mortar paving slabs
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
• Ability to look after gardening tools and equipment and store them in a tidy manner.
• A non-Smoker / Non-Vaper as all service users are chemically sensitive
• Must naturally like animals (cats / dogs) as all service users are pet owners
Why should you work for our client?
• Paid travel time between service users' homes
• Pay scale is based upon age, qualifications, experience and skill base.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this role click ‘apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read this to complete your application.
You MUST send both a CV and a Cover Letter. The Cover Letter will explain what interests you most about this position (it can just be 2-3 sentences long.). The letter must also include the names, telephone numbers and Email addresses of two referees that could be contacted if successful.
If no covering Letter is included you will not be considered
You must be eligible to work in the UK. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.