Personal Care Assistant (Weekends only)
Our client is looking for a Personal Care Assistant to provide bespoke personalised care as part of their friendly Taunton team for weekend work only. You will be responsible for providing personal care and feeding assistance and light household duties to our client's service users in their own homes.
Our client is a unique micro care agency established by its managers and service users. The agency has recently been rated as OUTSTANDING by the Care Quality Commission who described the agency as being “innovative” and “inspiring”. They specialise in the care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E.
• You must have at least 2 year's experience of care
• You will have a NVQ/QCF Level 2 or Level 3 qualification (either a UK qualification or an equivalent one)
• If you do not already hold a Level 3 care qualification then you will be willing to start training for your Level 3 within one month of starting with our client
• All of our client's service users have pets so you must like cats and dogs.
Why should you work for our client?
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Staff helpline available during Care Assistants' working hours
• Paid travel time between service users' homes
• The majority of service user visits are for a minimum of 2 hours at a time
• Pay scale based upon age, qualifications, experience and care role
• Range of shifts are available
All Personal Care Assistants both participate in, and enable, our client's service user's well-being programmes. Our client believes that quality of life is as important as other aspects of care so each service user has a personalised well-being programme which aims to enable them to live their lives to the full whilst being treated with care and respect. Personal Care Assistants may also be involved in our client's ‘ME Uncut Project' which is designed to raise awareness of M.E. in Somerset.
Care roles with this company are very varied as two days are rarely the same. All Personal Care Assistants are expected to be very flexible with respect to the tasks that they do. Alongside your primary care assistant role you might find yourself:
• Helping a service user to put away a musical instrument or reorganise their wardrobe,
• Watering the service user's vegetable plot or assistingin another activity that enables our service users to enter the Taunton Flower Show vegetable, fruit, craft and sewing competitions.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be non-smokers / non-vaper as all service users are chemically sensitive
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Care Assistant role click ‘apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You MUST send both a CV and a Cover Letter. The Cover Letter will explain what interests you most about this position (it can just be 2-3 sentences long.). The letter must also include the names, telephone numbers and Email addresses of two referees that could be contacted if successful.
If no covering Letter is included you will not be considered
(All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check. You must be eligible to work in the UK).
Key Words - Personal Care Assistant, Home Care, Carer
Apply for Personal Care Assistant (Weekends only)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly