Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Administrator to join our Conveyancing team based in Taunton. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The Legal Administrator role contributes to the work of the Conveyancing Team supporting the Team Leader with general administration tasks.
Key responsibilities as our Legal Administrator:
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative service to the Conveyancing Team.
- To provide assistance with administration activities for the Conveyancing Team property transactions in order to meet all set requirements and timescales. To include:
- File opening and accompanying procedures in line with compliance requirements, to include production of terms of business letters, confirmation of instruction letters, updating central records and the entering of entities and capacities on each new client/matter file.
- Amending and collating letters with enclosures in line with set deadlines, ensuring sign off as appropriate by the appropriate lawyer.
- Collating and completing due diligence to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- File management to ensure compliance with Foot Anstey practices and procedures to include, for example, Lexcel, Code of Conduct, and anti-Money Laundering.
- Managing routine client telephone enquiries, to ensure all required information and details are obtained to comply with file opening requirements.
- To consistently meet all objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans.
- All adhoc administration duties such as filing, scanning and photocopying.
- To be a role model for the Foot Anstey Values and encourage the others to do the same.
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Legal Administrator:
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Ability to achieve tasks quickly and accurately meeting the needs of the lawyers in the unit to which you have been assigned.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Commitment to working within a quality standard environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self awareness and self reflection and continuous improvement.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Legal Administrator then please click “Apply” today!