Health & Safety Advisor - Trainee
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Health & Safety Advisor to join GHPC Group Ltd based in Exeter.
GHPC Group Ltd is a small but rapidly growing company, offering a number of different services to several FTSE 100 companies within the construction industry and is looking for a candidate with excellent written English and vocabulary, a keen eye for detail, excellent computer skills and above all the enthusiasm to develop their career with the company.
As a Trainee Health & Safety Advisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Representing the Company as a key Client contact, in the South West, Exeter and Bristol (home-based).
- Assisting the Principal Designer to manage projects - being the interface between & liaising with the Client Teams, Design Teams, Principal Contractors, and others to deliver projects in line with the Client’s remit, programme and budget.
- Assisting the Principal Designer to carry out their duties on behalf of the company for appointed projects, to plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate Health & Safety in pre-construction phases of projects, including identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks and ensuring designers carry out their duties.
- Provide CDM advice and support to Client Teams, advising clearly of their CDM Duties and assisting with development of CDM strategy for projects.
- Assisting with the development of Client Health & Safety systems & policies where appropriate.
- Attend Design & Project Meetings as required throughout projects.
- Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals and during construction to review arrangements (as required).
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant Health & Safety Information to other design & project team members.
- Reviewing Construction Phase H&S Plans prepared by Principal Contractor and advising on suitability.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive electronic project records, including meeting minutes, for all projects, following company protocol ensuring full audit trail is kept clear and up to date.
- Liaising with other CDM Team members, assisting with project information flow, reviewing & advising on project deadlines and providing advice & support.
- Ensuring that knowledge is kept up to date, in terms of safety legislation, construction methods & processes, other associated legislation and anything else related to the role - in particular developing “key skills” and “specialist knowledge base”.
An ideal Trainee Health & Safety Advisor will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience of acting in a Health & Safety role is essential to fulfil this position with experience of working in a Construction environment preferred. Membership of the Association for Project Safety and/or NEBOSH is desirable.
- A comprehensive understanding of Health & Safety Legislation is required with a good understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations; knowledge of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 is desirable.
- An existing Health & Safety qualification is essential - minimum NEBOSH General but preferably NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual able to work independently and unsupervised. This role will require a confident individual who has the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personalities and professional bodies during projects.
- Highly IT literate and competent, experienced user of general Microsoft Office software. Must have a confident attitude towards the use of technology.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload with flexibility to multi-task. Excellent presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- A full clean UK driving licence is absolutely essential for this position since it will require extensive travel.
Your working hours will be a minimum of 40 hours per week.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £25,000 - 30,000 per annum, plus Car Allowance and other benefits.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 60112099 / INDHP