Business Services Assistant
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Services Assistant to join our team based in Exeter. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The Business Services Assistant role is to support the Office Manager and Lead Business Services Assistant in providing an efficient, flexible and effective office support service to internal and external clients.
Key responsibilities as our Business Services Assistant:
- Collecting and processing incoming and outgoing mail (once qualified with procedures)
- Collecting and processing Records and photocopying
- Handling cheques and monies on behalf of lawyers
- Processing of stationery orders
- Stock control for stationery, toners and IT consumables
- Liaison with engineers
- Setting up/dismantling of conference facilities
- Assisting with office moves
- Ensuring work place meets with H&S compliance procedures
- Loading and unloading cars - post, internal mail etc
- Setting up of Audio Visual equipment
- Assisting the IT unit with minor hardware fixes
- Walking local deliveries within the town centre
- Maintaining the external office appearance and basic office maintenance
- Reception cover on an ad-hoc basis
- Supporting the core business in delivering premier legal services
- Supporting the daily tasks of the Business Services Management unit
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Business Services Assistant:
- Must present an appropriate and professional public image and communicate in an effective and business-like manner with all levels of staff
- Must have the ability to deal with issues and resolutions whilst liaising with internal and external clients,
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and problem solve;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a range of people internal and external to the business;
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of tasks; multitasking
- The ability to use effectively modern IT and office equipment.
- The ability consistently produce work of high quality.
- Develop a good knowledge of the names, location and responsibilities of all other members of staff.
- Owing to the flexible nature of this role you must be able and willing to travel between Foot Anstey offices on a daily basis.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 500 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Business Services Assistant then please click “Apply” today!