This role is working for a well-established butchery, meat processing and award winning ready to eat pie/pasty business based in Somerset. A business that is evolving and growing rapidly supplying its own stores, retailers and businesses across the South West.
They are also about to redevelop their existing facility to incorporate an expanding fully accredited high risk cooking factory designed to take the pie and pasty element of the business national. So this is great opportunity to grow and develop your own abilities as the company expands.
TECHNICAL MANAGER - JOB SPECIFICATION
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Manager responsible for the technical functions and compliance functions of the business, ensuring that the company's products are manufactured according to safe and legal standards and to agreed specification. The position is required to uphold and to further develop the Quality Policy in every aspect of work and to maintain all aspects of Food Safety, Quality and Legality across the Company.
Key responsibilities and accountability's:
- Direct responsibility for all aspects of food safety, food technical & quality processes / procedures
- Part of the senior team reporting directly to the General Manager
- Upholding the company values in terms of culture and attitude
- Management of the QMS & QA team
- Management of the QMS / technical database
- Management of the Quality / Technical training matrix
- Manage, maintain & Implement Hygiene Systems
- Responsible for legal and customer compliance, and company accreditation's to include SALSA and retailer codes of practice
- Oversee micro & nutritional analysis
- Customer Complaints
- Process control to include SOP's
- Ensure all daily checks (HACCP/GMP/Due Diligence) are performed
- To ensure that any aspect that may affect Due Diligence is promptly and effectively addressed and communicated
- Responsible for all external and customer audits, ensuring that all non-conformance's and corrective actions are closed out within agreed timescales
Key Experience / abilities needed:
- Relevant qualification and knowledge of HACCP/GMP, Advance Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of meat cutting/butchery operations as well as high risk cooking of pies/pasties.
- Strong presence at factory level and confidence in own ability to make legality and safety the key priority for all staff, including other senior management.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced pressurised environment.
- Comfortable leading customer, accreditation and regulatory audits and ability to ensure corrective actions are delivered.
- A real desire to make a difference and develop/grow the systems and practices required.
This is a stand-alone role, so requires a self-starter that is happy to work alone and has the ability to implement necessary changes. This is not an exhaustive list and other duties and tasks may be required depending upon business needs.
Are you an experienced Technical Manager working within the food / meat/poultry processing sector, who is looking for a fresh challenge. If so then this is the opportunity for you, as this business is going through growth, year on year as well as implementing a number of new product lines.
Please click apply to email.