Senior Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Support Worker to join Beyond Limits based in the Kingsbridge area.
Beyond Limits are committed to providing opportunities and choices by offering an individual, person-centred service and by maximising the use of existing community facilities and natural supports.
Howard is a young man who is looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to join an already motivated team. The Senior Support Worker will work closely with the Team Leader in leading the team. Your role as Senior will also be providing direct support to Howard.
Howard acquired a brain injury which left him with a physical disability. You will be supporting Howard in his own home and assisting him with his rehabilitation and recovery. You will also support Howard with his health and emotional wellbeing.
Howard enjoys watching sport, especially football with a particular love of Arsenal. He plays online chess with his support team and also enjoys On-line Poker. Howard also likes PS4 games and plays them using his I-gaze.
The Senior Support Worker will work alongside the Team Leader to drive the service forward to enable Howard to achieve his goals and aspirations. The Senior Support Worker will also show leadership in the absence of the Team Leader.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience in supporting someone with a physical disability.
- Have transferable leadership skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as working on your own initiative.
- Be able to do shift work including weekends, evenings, nights and some bank holidays.
- Are self-motivated.
- Have a full EU driving license.
- Live near Kingsbridge (would be advantageous).
- Have a competent and confident demeanour.
- Have good communication and IT skills.
- Have a relevant qualification or be willing to undertake studying for a relevant qualification
In return for this you will receive a salary of £16,995 per annum pro rata plus:
- Investment in training & personal development.
- 7 weeks’ annual leave pro rata.
- Career development.
- Pension scheme.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
Ref Code: KD/HW
Closing Date: 24th February 2017
recruitx ref: 960401630 / INDLP
Apply for Senior Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly