5 days left
- Full Time
Upper Witham, Witham First District,
Witham Third District and
North East Lindsey
Internal Drainage Boards
The 4 Drainage Boards provide flood risk,
water level management and land drainage services.
The Boards share management and
Responsible for: Administration for the 4 Boards, the Chief Executive, Director of Operations and Engineering Services, Finance Manager, Senior Officers, Finance, Engineering and operational functions
Salary: Grade 4 Pay Scale £23,619 to £26,415 & Lincolnshire Local Government Pension Scheme
The 4 Drainage Boards are independent statutory authorities providing flood risk management, water level management and land drainage services within their respective districts. The Boards provide front line drainage and flood protection service for the Lincolnshire community, protecting land, critical infrastructure, commercial and residential property from flooding.
The 4 Boards, Witham First District, Witham Third District, Upper Witham and North East Lindsey Internal Drainage Boards, maintain over 1000km of watercourses and 56 pumping stations as well as many smaller water level management structures within their drainage districts. The Boards share managerial and technical support. Three of the four Boards also provide a consents and enforcements service to Lincolnshire County Council, the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) since April 2012, in their extended rainfall catchments.
You will become a valuable member of a small team where flexibility is essential for all team members.
Executive Assistant Providing administrative and secretarial support to the 4 Boards and their members, CEO, Director of Operations and Engineering, Finance Manager and their professional staff. We require an experienced self-motivated and organised individual who is capable of working within a team with a focus on maintaining high standards of customer services.
We are looking for a focused and driven individual who will provide and efficient and effective administrative and secretarial service to the CEO as well as offering support to the 4 Boards, Senior Officers and wider team.
An extremely organised, self-motivated, discrete, hard-working individual with proven skills in time management, organisation and managing confidential information with the ability to accommodate special projects and deal with shifting priorities. Must be able to work on own initiative and demonstrate common sense approach.
You will have excellent people skills and the gravitas to use your own initiative, deal with multiple tasks and different personalities whilst remaining calm and ensuring your tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
The purpose of this role
To support the CEO in achieving the 4 Boards’ aims and objectives, providing a comprehensive business support service for the CEO, Senior Officers and Board Members, maintaining the highest possible standards of customer care at all times.
- Provide administrative support to the 4 Boards and their Members, the Chief Executive, Director of Operations and Engineering Services, Finance Manager and other Professional Leads.
- Executive Assistant to establish and maintain systems and processes which ensure the smooth running of the 4 Boards’ administrative functions on a day to day basis
- Extensive management of Chief Executive and Senior Officers’ daily commitments including diaries management, preparing presentations, preparing correspondence, attending and taking minutes of meetings, liaising with clients and Board Members.
- Co-coordinating travel arrangements and logistics for Board Members, Chief Executive and Senior Officers relating to meetings, business, travel and training.
- Managing whole system of event planning, administration and delivery i.e. arranging venues, preparing papers, agendas, taking action points, preparing and producing accurate minutes of the 4 Boards’ meetings.
- Promote and maintain a positive front of house service, both answering the main phone line and welcoming guests Witham House.
- Develop and maintain excellent central office and wider team communication systems
- Day to day management of the office including contract management, liaising with external office suppliers, effective resource management including maintaining stationery stock levels and the general day to day upkeep and organisation of the office
- Manage, maintain and review record keeping in electronic and paper filing and office systems
- Manage, maintain and review the central office building and all contracts to ensure effective daily functioning i.e. Fire procedure, alarm systems, photo copiers, stationary, telephones, housekeeping etc.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as directed by the Chief Executive and Senior Officers
- Assisting Board Members and Officers with the organisation of events including our Annual Inspection, internal training and education events.
- Ensuring the 4 Boards’ websites are kept up to date with relevant information, policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Proven experience in a PA administration position and office environment is essential
- Competent in the use of standard IT packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel in order to manage day to day administrative duties promptly, efficiently and accurately
- Recognised qualification in office skills or administration or business related foundation degree is desirable.
- Full clean driving license
- Good standard of general education including GCSE English and Maths
- Proven skills in time management, organisation skills and managing confidential information
- Capable of competently dealing with situations in the Chief Executive’s absence and confident to delegate upwards on the Chief Executive’s behalf
- Commercial understanding of the day to day deadlines in order to plan, prioritise and manage workload while meeting the needs of the customer and organisation
- Able to build a partnership with the Chief Executive, Board Members and Senior Officers to enable the clear understanding of organisational goals and strategic objectives
- Ability to see opportunities, develop and improve processes and systems to ensure efficiency in line with Boards policy and procedures
- Customer service focus in order to recognise customer needs/priorities and liaise effectively and appropriately with all clients, whether by email, telephone or face to face
- Highly efficient, methodical and accurate in order to develop, manage and maintain excellent systems and processes
- Excellent teamwork skills to enable the department to work flexibly and cooperatively to deliver the best possible service
Starting salary will be on ADA Lincolnshire Branch’s White Book Grade 4, Pay Scale £23,619 to £26,415 (2016/17 pay scales, pay award pending 01.04.17). An excellent contributing to Lincolnshire Local Government Pension Scheme. The 4 Boards are operating a trial 74 hour, 9 days working fortnight working pattern at Witham House (alternative non-working Fridays).
This role is expected to develop and evolve over time. The 4 Boards provide varied opportunities for individuals to develop their professional skill sets. Opportunities for further training will be assessed, supported and reviewed through our annual personnel development process in order to maintain excellent customer standards of service and employee job satisfaction.
Applicants are invited to submit a curriculum vitae, outlining relevant skills and experience, together with a supporting application letter, by 12 noon on Monday 6th March 2017.
Interviews for the Executive Assistant role will be on Wednesday 15th March 2017
Further information is available via Witham Third District IDB’s Website: www.witham3idb.gov.uk
Please submit applications marked ‘Private – for the attention of Sarah Walden, HR Consultant by email by clicking apply.
Apply for Executive Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly