In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Assistant
In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Assistant
If you're passionate about helping customers, have already commenced or interested in developing a career within hearing care, then this is a superb opportunity not to be missed. Boots Hearingcare is looking to welcome a proactive and attentive professional to join their Exeter store. You'll be part of a team that fully understands that customers are at the heart of the business, and that there is no greater reward than seeing a customer hear and feel better.
Boots Hearingcare is one of the UK's leading hearing care providers which prides itself on a reputation for excellent service, great value for money and a unique customer-centric approach, which has resulted in continued growth. Operating from over 450 locations across the UK, the team of over 500 colleagues deliver expert hearing care advice, hearing tests and solutions to thousands of customers every day. The award winning company takes delight in looking after its colleagues as much as its customers, by providing support and recognition, career development opportunities, a superb working environment, a great benefits package and long service awards.
As a Customer Service / Hearing Care Assistant, you'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks with delivery of the highest level of customer service at the forefront whilst keeping a focus on the store KPI's. Your performance will be well rewarded with support and training to qualify as a Hearing Care Assistant, enabling you to develop your knowledge and skills to progress within the company. Your initial duties will include:
- Providing first class customer service in person, by phone and email
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient management of the store diary, and keeping it busy with appropriate appointments
- Promoting Hearing Health Check appointments and sundry sales in-store
- Assisting customers with basic hearing aid cleaning / maintenance
- Processing orders for new and repaired hearing aids
- Liaising with suppliers on hearing aid orders and outstanding repairs
- Updating records on the computerised database and providing administrative support to ensure smooth running of the store including management of petty cash and maintenance of stock levels
- Ensuring store point of sale material is in line with current campaigns
If required, additional training will be provided for you to become a qualified Hearing Care Assistant to enable you to develop your career and undertake the following audiological activities:
- Checking and adjusting programming to fine tune hearing aids as necessary
- Performing a variety of hearing related tests
- Providing customers with general information regarding rehabilitation, and personalised advice as determined by the Hearing Aid Audiologist
To be considered for this Customer Service / Hearing Care Assistant role you'll have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- BSHAA approved Hearing Care Assistant, or experience gained within a face to face customer service role in a fast paced commercial environment accompanied by your desire to become knowledgeable about hearing health related issues and care pathways
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers in a pleasant manner
- Empathetic and supportive outlook towards customers who may have communication difficulties
- Ability to be discreet and show the utmost respect for the privacy of customers
- Self-motivation with ability to work under supervision, as part of a team and on own initiative
- Commercial awareness with a flair for achieving sales targets whilst keeping customer satisfaction at the forefront of your mind
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- IT literacy with the ability to learn and adapt to various systems
In return you'll receive:
Starting Salary: £14,500 - £18,500, level dependent on current experience and whether already a BSHAA approved Hearing Care Assistant.
Superb Benefits: Up to 20% annual bonus, Boots discount card, pension scheme, life assurance cover after completion of probationary period, childcare voucher scheme, staff uniform, long service awards, and annual leave entitlement starting at 20 days rising with length of service increments to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm, 37.5 hours per week working 5 days out of 7. Predominantly Monday to Friday, however flexibility is required to change working pattern to support the working days of store Audiologist which may include Saturday or Sunday.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Exeter (Devon, South West England)
Due to the nature of the business successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check.
This In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Assistant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Boots Hearingcare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Boots Hearingcare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Boots Hearingcare requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.