Title: Care Navigator
Location: Varied across Dorset
Hours: Full and Part Time, Permanent
(Full Time hours available in Purbeck and Wareham. Part time hours available in Wareham & North Dorset, Weymouth, Dorchester and Bridport.)
Salary: £18,500 pro rata
To start as soon as possible
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
As a Care Navigator you will provide expert advice and information to our clients, identifying appropriate community assets that can provide the required support in order to signpost and make the connections for the client. As part of this team you will be actively contributing to the development of a vibrant third sector infrastructure by engaging with communities, charitable organisations, statutory services and voluntary networks. Care Navigators also undertake asset-based assessments and holistic support planning and co-ordination to enable clients to access care and community support in partnership with their circles of support.
In the role of Care Navigator you will also be responsible for the development of a team of volunteers to support the service.
The ideal Support worker will:
* Experience of working in health, social care or information and advice, in direct contact with clients, families and carers in a paid or voluntary capacity.
* Understand promoting independence through person centred planning to enable clients to achieve positive outcomes.
* Able to use initiative and think creatively to achieve client goals.
* Ability to recognize gaps in service provision and new service opportunities.
* Excellent risk management skills
* Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
To be successful in this role you will be able to adopt a person-centred approach and work with a variety of people that have different needs as an equal partner, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect. You will be confident and approachable with the ability to build trusting relationships with those you are working to support, and to build a positive network of connections with agencies in the local community in order to best tailor the support for each clients' needs. You will be experienced, skilled and enthusiastic, with a passion working with clients to access support so they can lead full and independent lives. It is essential that you have a driving licence with access to a vehicle for work purposes as driving forms part of this role.
For this role you must be:
* Person centred in your work, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect.
* Able to work with clients to build a trusting relationship based on an equal and reciprocal relationships building on people's skills and strengths and tailoring the support identified to enable people to live a full and independent life.
* Able to recruit and support a small team of volunteers to support you in your role and extend your reach and capacity
* Developing positive working relationships with the local statutory, voluntary and charitable agencies to ensure that support is integrated and seamless, avoiding duplication, complexity and confusion to clients.
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us, and be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the dates of which to be decided at this point.
Please do not delay as we will recruit the first suitable applicants. You will need to hold a valid driving licence.