Title: Team Manager
Location: Portland, Weymouth
Contract: Permanent, Full time
To Start: We will recruit the first suitable applicant.
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
As a Team Manager you will be developing and overseeing the service, ensuring that quality care and support is delivered and reviewed. Working with the Locality Manager you will role model positive values which underpin all aspects of service delivery.
The role is varied and diverse and offers unique challenges every day, as such you will need to work with the team and manage the staff rota, ensuring clients' individual needs are met. Working in partnership with family members, commissioners and Working Together groups is a vital component of this role and a good understanding of relevant communication styles is essential.
Our staff members make a real difference. We need a Team Manager who is approachable, friendly, professional and supportive. You'll need to be familiar with appropriate regulations, legislation and administration, and you will need to be as passionate as we are about being the best we can be. You will need to think creatively, positively and on your own initiative, and you must be flexible and committed to excellence.
It is important that you feel comfortable managing a staff team, assessing risk, following safeguarding processes, meeting health and safety requirements and ensuring record keeping is accurate, and reflecting current standards as required by CQC. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching and supporting the team, providing supervision and addressing any performance issues. As such, previous management experience would be beneficial.
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Team Manager will:
* Able to provide coaching, advice and management support to staff
* Experience of managing and developing service rotas
* Able to work to and monitor standards specific to the services
* Good knowledge and understanding of CQC standards and compliance
* Able to work professionally and in partnership with external agencies and client families
* Knowledge of best practice around person-centred planning, risk management and building care plans with clients.
* Understanding of reablement and domiciliary care.
* Can work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, and provide on call support
* Possesses a driving license and has access to a car with business insurance
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you'd relish we can't wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don't delay, apply today!