The Daish's Group of Hotels is a family run business with a chain of 8 Coaching hotels across the South of England and North Wales. We are now looking to recruit a Full Time Receptionist for the busy Guest Reception at our Torquay site. .
Full Time Receptionist (6 Days per week, approx. 45 hours per week)
Devonshire Hotel Torquay
To carry out receptionist duties and provide quality administrative support
The ideal candidate will have most if not all the following attributes
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to promote a positive image of the company to our guests
- Experience with Hotel Perfect Guest software
- A relevant Customer Service qualification
- Previous general office finance administration experience e.g petty cash
- Previous reception and administration experience in a Hotel environment
- Commitment to The Daish’s Group values and way of working
- Core Values - Treating people as you would be expect to be treated, to the highest standards, Perseverance and Enjoyment, Openness, Trust & Understanding, Flexibility & One Step Ahead.
- Ways of Working – Think Guest Experience, Working Together, & Ownership
- Efficient organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meet deadlines working in teams & working alone
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems
- High standard of personal presentation
- Attention to detail
Position Full Time Receptionist
Location Devonshire Hotel Torquay
Reporting line General Manager
Hours of work 45 Approx. over 6 days per week
Pay £7.50 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and build effective relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Answer telephone, greet visitors and general receptionist duties.
- Update training records and training plans.
- Update & Manage Guest Database on Hotel Perfect.
- Update and assist with staff rota as required.
- Ordering of stationery.
- Administrative duties to support Management.
- Action room allocation list, using internal knowledge of individual rooms.
- Liaise with guests and staff to ensure guest experience reaches expected quality in delivery.
- Ensure continuous improvement and development of self in the role.
- Assist in the facilitation of a positive cultural ethos at all levels.
- Perform related duties and specific projects as assigned by the hotel management.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of all resources.
- Extend the highest level of hospitality to all visitors & residents at all times.
- Have knowledge of all Daish’s products and services.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include any other duties and responsibilities as may be determined in consultation with the jobholder. It is not intended to be rigid and inflexible, but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.