Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Administrator - Post Completions to join our team based in Plymouth. You will join the team on a 6 month fixed term contract and will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The Legal Administrator role contributes to the work of the New Homes Team and supporting the Team Leader with the ongoing development of the team activities. More specifically, to assist with post completion registration of all of New Homes property transactions.
Key responsibilities as our Legal Administrator - Post Completions:
- To take ownership of the allocated caseload of predominantly new build purchase with some remortgage matters
- To provide an efficient and effective service to the property units.
- To provide assistance with all post completion activities for New Homes property transactions in order to meet all the requirements and timescales. To include:
- Updating of PMS to ensure correct continuation of task flow
- Completion of Stamp Duty Returns via HMRC website
- Reconciliation of client accounts
- Submission of appropriate correspondence and notices to relevant parties
- Completion of NHBC Acceptance forms
- Registration with HM Land registry using Land Registry portal
- File completion and closing
- Post completion queries from clients, solicitors, developers, lenders etc
- To ensure appropriate quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
- To consistently meet all objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Legal Administrator - Post Completions:
- Proven knowledge and experience of post completions administration and processes, including a high level of computer literacy (ie: tracking progress via spreadsheets).
- A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Commitment to working within a quality standard environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self awareness and self reflection and continuous improvement
- A track record of consistently delivering to targets and/or objectives
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Legal Administrator - Post Completions then please click “Apply” today!