EXPERIENCED FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
EXPERIENCED FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER PLYMOUTH (RELOCATION AVAILABLE) - TO £45K
We are looking for experienced Front End Web Developers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Development Team, currently around 30 people, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects often using the latest technologies means that you can really showcase your skills. This role requires strong technical skills to ensure that markup being output is well formed and accessible, but it also requires a degree of creativity to realise fantastic user interfaces. Whilst this role will not be initially heavy in graphic design, it could be developed into a more creative one for the right applicant.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in a matrix team environment, often in an agile way, with other Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects - some client-facing, others around product development.
- You will work closely with our software developers to deliver well considered, easy to use, attractive web applications.
- You'll contribute towards our goal of continually improving our development processes and delivering outstanding software.
- Help our Sales Teams to win more business by providing estimations and technical advice for quotes and bids.
- From time to time, deliver off-site consultancy, training and attend client meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have extensive expertise in applying designs in cross-browser, standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3, with good knowledge of backwards compatibility.
- You have expertise in the application of responsive web design principles.
- You have a high degree of ability with image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- You have proven skills of taking visuals through to final code deployment.
- You have significant experience of working with dynamic web applications.
- You keep up to date with web design trends and technologies.
- Any knowledge and experience of applying UX principles, User Centred Design and the semantic web would also be seen beneficial.
- Any experience and knowledge in the challenges behind producing fully accessible websites would be beneficial (W3C WAI).
- Any additional experience of design in other media types, online & offline, would be seen as beneficial.
- Any experience of working within the confines of a design brief: from the creation of presentation visuals to final product would be advantageous
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training. View the full list of benefits here.
If you have any great examples of your recent work, please include a link and brief description alongside your application.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.