Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer, Bridgwater, Somerset
- The Senior Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Projects Manager. As the most senior person in the Engineering Project Managers team you will be an expert and point of reference on specific equipment and systems, for the operational teams, and you will manage & drive large improvement projects as well as major new capital projects for the Company.
You will provide knowledge and expertise and where appropriate you will have junior project engineers as direct reports on a project by project basis.
Your key deliverable will be to manage elements of the project and contract resources to deliver on time and to budget high quality technical solutions that will improve manufacturing capability.
Projects can range from £2500 to £15 million and will be a mixture of customer driven new formats for existing customers or completely new projects for existing or new customers.
- Manage a range of business projects from feasibility, justification through to commissioning in support of the relevant Factory Manager. Ensure that these are run to the highest Health, Safety and Environmental standards with appropriate documentation and records in place.
- Utilise internal and external contract resources to deliver projects to agreed timescale, KPIs and budget. Communicate regular updates and variances to the wider business.
- Identify potential future projects and improvements that will drive business performance.
- Assist/manage clear project handover to operations covering OEE acceptance test, spares and maintenance plans, training and support documentation, safety and GMP sign-off.
- Ensure that all projects include updated drawings, training arrangements, PM plans and spares as part of the package.
- Review and feedback on Engineers and Contract companies employed to ensure that service improves and issues are dealt with quickly and appropriately.
- Ensure that effective pre-design consultation takes place with managers, users and maintainers of equipment so that projects deliver high standards of hygiene, ergonomics and safety.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced engineer and also managed large scale engineering projects in a large organisation ideally within FMCG, Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical. You will ideally have engineering qualifications at either degree or HND / HNC level or equivalent, and also formal project management qualifications such as Prince 2.
- This role is all about project delivery so you will be a natural manager/leader with good coaching and influencing and communication skills and the ability to motivate a team and deliver outstanding results through a methodical and structured process.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience and achievements. The Company also offer a generous annual incentive scheme and company pension scheme.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
PLEASE NOTE: Once you apply you will be redirected to the careers site, please follow this link for your application to be accepted.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Capital Projects Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Plant Technician, Engineering Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, FMCG, Food, Drink, Beverages, Production, Manufacturing, South West, Bristol, Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Tiverton