Specialist Domestic Violence and Abuse Workers
Title: Specialist Domestic Violence and Abuse Workers
Isolated Communities Engagement Project (ICEP)
Location: Across Dorset County
Salary: £21,250pa pro rata
Contract Type: Temporary contracts, full and part time considered
Closing: First suitable candidates will be appointed
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We have an amazing opportunity for highly motivated and innovative people to join our Domestic Violence and Abuse Service to deliver a new and exciting service within the communities of Dorset.
Following a successful national grant bid we have developed an project engaging with isolated communities and you will be one of a team of specialist domestic abuse workers delivering this exciting work. As an ICEP DVA Worker you will be part of a team engaging isolated groups and marginalised communities, offering practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse. You will also support the development of, directly deliver training for, and offer ongoing support to individuals who would like to take on the voluntary role of Community Befriender - offering a safe place to talk in confidence for those experiencing domestic abuse.
You will be part of a team working across Dorset and will be working within an allocated area, however, there may be times when you will be required to work across the county and attend meetings, supervisions and training at the DVA Head Office within Dorchester so an ability to travel across this area and be flexible is a must. Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work purposes is essential for this post.
We are looking for someone who is warm and approachable, and who has good listening and communication skills as our clients have informed us these are very important qualities to them. As an ICEP DVA worker you will be co-located with other organisations across the county to assist the identification and engagement of isolated and marginalised communities. Therefore you must be able to form effective working relationships and professional partnerships with other agencies. The right candidates for these Specialist Domestic Violence & Abuse Workers will be innovative in their approach to offer the most effective and safe service. You must have the skills to write, review and reassess client safety and support plans, ensuring appropriate interventions are in place, as well as the ability to write reports and present outcomes as required.
Someone with the ability to professional advocate on behalf of their clients, ensuring those from isolated communities receive equal opportunities to access services would make an ideal candidate.
The ideal Specialist Domestic Violence & Abuse Worker will have:
* A qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 4 or equivalent work level experience
* Experience of supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1:1 or group work basis
* Knowledge of Homelessness legislation and prevention and Housing Law
* Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
* Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits including no recourse to public funds
* Knowledge of local resources and agencies which benefit clients and their children
* An understanding of the impact of domestic violence and abuse on older adults and carers
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like you're ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay as we will be appointing the first suitable candidates and we want to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address and a contact telephone number. You will then be contacted by the recruiting manager who will talk to you about the position and ask a few key questions to make sure that this is the right role for you.