Dispensary Warehouse Personnel
SEASONAL WAREHOUSE PERSONNEL
We are currently looking for a new colleague to join our busy Veterinary team, based at premises on Nutwell Estate, near Exmouth.
St David’s Poultry Team is a leading poultry and game veterinary practice with national coverage across the United Kingdom and Ireland. We offer a complete veterinary service to commercial egg laying companies, the broiler industry, broiler breeder companies and hatcheries. We also cater for the game bird industry, providing veterinary care for pheasants, partridge and grouse in rear and release.
Our team of veterinary surgeons consists of 21 vets who are supported by a team of office, dispensary and laboratory staff. Whilst our head office is based near Exeter, Devon, we have a network of thirteen practice bases. This allows us to provide a local and responsive service. We provide clients with health care programmes tailored to their individual needs and requirements and aim to be proactive rather than reactive, focusing on preventative measures and strategic health planning with regular site visits and routine monitoring where required.
As part of the role you will be helping ensure the efficient running of the dispensary with particular regard to taking medication orders, dealing directly with clients, dispatching of medication, as well as general maintenance of all stock.
The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service and administration skills, with the ability to work well within a team and under pressure. Forklift training and experience of working in the veterinary field would be ideal, but is not essential as full training will be given.
To ensure efficient running of the Dispensary with particular regard to dispatch of medication and vaccine and general maintenance of stock.
The main responsibilities and objectives are:
- Maintaining the dispensary to the highest possible standards of tidiness and cleanliness
- Keeping store rooms clean and tidy and efficiently organised
- Ensuring all orders are dispatched before courier deadlines and they are all fully compliant to transport regulations and each parcel contains all the necessary paperwork
- Maintaining the stock to ensure full compliance to stock rotation and storage demands
- Making sure stock is replenished, ensuring office is aware when stock needs to be ordered
- Completing prescriptions
- Unpacking and checking medication and vaccine deliveries
- Confirming all goods received
- Placing all medication and vaccines onto appropriate shelves and into fridges
- Checking all batch numbers and expiry dates
- Consignment tracking and customer liaison
- Ensuring all goods are correctly labelled and have all necessary paperwork
- Assisting with annual and other stock takes
- Preparation of laboratory testing kits
- Packing medication and vaccines appropriately for transit.
- Answering overflow phones if office staff are on other calls
- Proven organisational skills to adapt to changing environments – The ability to think on your feet and always be one step ahead
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel and outlook
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively – multi-tasking and prioritising workload ensures the most effective and efficient way in time management
- Excellent customer service skills - be polite, confident and friendly, understand the needs of customers and be able to remain patient, calm and polite in difficult situations.
- Good problem solving skills - be flexible and quick thinking, be able to follow instructions, be good at teamwork and able to work on their own initiative.
- Forklift license is desirable but not essential
- To be aware of and comply with company procedures and instructions
- To be aware of and act in accordance with good health and safety practices, fire and first aid procedures including the wearing of protective clothing where applicable.
- To be present and ready to commence work at the specified time each day and to continue to work effectively until the specified time to leave.
- To be prepared to work after normal hours as may be required.
- To recognise and protect the confidentiality of any and all information pertaining to the operations of St David’s Poultry Team Ltd.
- To be a conscientious member of staff and be prepared to be flexible in carrying out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- To observe at all times the requirements of the terms and conditions of your employment.
This job description covers the main requirements, but it is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes of definition as may become necessary from time to time.