Prison Resettlement Workers
Prison Resettlement Workers X2
Julian House is looking to appoint two part-time Prison Resettlement Workers HMP Exeter prisoners pa who are homeless/threatened with homelessness, to maintain accommodation and/or secure suitable alternative accommodation on release. One worker will be based out of HMP Exeter and one will be based out of Torbay Council offices.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years experience of working with prisoners and people with multiple/complex needs.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of housing options, welfare rights and benefits.
- Understanding of Psychologically Informed Environments.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for work.
The successful candidates will need to undergo an enhanced DBS check, prison vetting and security clearance processes
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing supportive relationships with clients and partner agencies/colleagues.
- Assessing, planning and enacting person-centred packages of resettlement support which prevent prisoners from becoming homeless.
Hours: 32 hours per week and 24 hours per week
Salary: £22,500 pro-rata
Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Pension Contribution up to 6%, Flexible Annual Leave Entitlement, Training and Development opportunities.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please visit our website by clicking apply and apply online.
Closing date: 12th May 2017