General Administrator (part time 18 hours per week, term time plus 2 days)
Salary: Grade 15 point 9 (£15,375 FTE)
Start date: negotiable
Based at: Crispin School, Church Road, Street, BA16 0AD.
The Mid Somerset Consortium is a secondary phase School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider (SCITT) which is part of Crispin School in Street. It works in partnership with secondary schools across Somerset and North Dorset to deliver high quality school centred teacher training to approximately 45 trainees each year. It was rated as outstanding by Ofsted during its last inspection in January 2013.
The MSC consists of a small team of dedicated staff who are committed to providing trainee teachers with the highest standard of teacher training. We work to ensure that our trainees and partnership schools receive the best service possible; we pride ourselves on our professionalism and ‘can do’ attitude.
The role of part time general administrator has arisen due to staff restructuring within the MSC.
- The post is term time only with 2 additional days in the summer holidays.
- The post holder will be required to work Tuesdays from mid-morning until 5.00pm
- The pattern of remaining working hours across the week will be negotiated.
- There will be an expectation that the post holder will work until 8.00pm on the first Tuesday of each of the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June to support the MSC’s open evenings.
- General office duties.
- Email and telephone communications.
- Shopping for events such as training sessions, conferences and open evenings.
- Managing the smooth running of events.
For further information and an application form please contact: Sarah Lewis (Partnership Manager) - click the apply button for details
To apply for this post, please submit a completed application form. To be sent to HLewis@educ.somerset.gov.uk
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 5 June 2017. Interviews: w/c 12 June 2017
Crispin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure. The successful applicant will therefore be subject to an enhanced DBS.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.