A unique opportunity to join the UK operation of a large German Automotive Group based in Tipton.
They are looking to recruit a pro-active and professional Purchasing Manager for their manufacturing site to manage the Purchasing Department and its associated activities. As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working within a fast moving automotive manufacturing environment with UK and globally based supply chain.
Tasked with overseeing a dedicated purchasing team in procuring raw materials and ensuring supplier quality, the successful candidate will demonstrate proven man management and supplier relationship management experience to ensure the achievement of desired targets.
With excellent communication skills and strong commercial acumen as well as experience in the use of ERP systems.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, you will ideally be degree qualified or have CIPS professional qualification with a strong level of job related experience.
- To plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate all purchasing and supplier development activities to achieve overall corporate objectives and targets
- Ensure purchasing costs are analysed and reviewed to reduce costs and maintain net profit margins.
- Ensure both strategic and vendor performance monitoring are maintained thereby guaranteeing suppliers meet both customers & Huf cooperate requirements and specifications.
- Affirm Huf UK's supplier base meets all operational requirements in terms of delivery, quality and overall supplier service, identify potential global suppliers reducing overall purchasing content.
- Coordinate and encourage involvement from suppliers to reduce costs through specialist knowledge.
- Ensure effective support to logistics and production to meet customer demands when production issues are related to supplier concerns.
- Promote consignment stocks, JIT services to reduce inventory costs within the Company.
- Ensure suppliers conform to and agree with the conditions of purchase stated in its contractual agreements
- Produce and ensure conformance to procedures and work instructions relating to TS16949, VDA6.3 and ISO14001 standards
- Methodical and conscientious.
- Flexible and versatile.
- Numerate and literate.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels.
- A natural team leader.
- Minimum 5 years' experience at a managerial level within a commercial /purchasing Department.
- Degree (Ideally).
- CIPS Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
- Must be able to travel.
- Competitive Salary: £40K to £45K (Depending on Experience).
- 37.5 Hours per week with Friday finish at 1.30pm.
- 24 days annual leave per year. After 5 years' service, this increase by 1 day per year (Max 5 days). Bank Holidays on top of the annual allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Non-contributory Healthcare Plan for dental, eye and hospital treatments.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Staff discount for new cars (up to 24% or more dependent on models).
- Employee Reward Portal' for discounts to stores and online purchases.
- Employee assistance for job related training or membership subscriptions.
- On-site staff canteen.
- Free on-site car park.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button provided on the page.
We look forward to your application.