Security Officer - Lifton, Devon
Vacancy Reference: SEC-LIF-KS-2305
Job Title: Security Officer
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent (Average 40 hours per week)
Shift Pattern: Days / Nights / Weekends
Location: Lifton, Devon
Salary: £8.02 per hour
Benefits: AE Pension; Uniform; Full Training
Are you a SIA licensed Security professional looking for a new opportunity? Do you consistently demonstrate outstanding levels of integrity alongside exceptional operational ability? Can you deliver an approachable, customer-focussed service? Are you experienced in working in a busy operational environment? If the answer is “yes”, we are keen to hear from you.
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We are presently experiencing an exciting period of change and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for to further your career whilst working for one of the UK's top Facilities Management Companies.
The nature and location of the role dictates that candidates would benefit from having access to their own vehicle and will possess a confident personality, enabling them to integrate easily into the on-site Security team and subsequent processes whilst consistently upholding the same Servest values.
Working on-site at our customers' premises in the Lifton area of Devon, you will have responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of our client's property and employees, whilst maintaining a presence on site. The successful candidate will provide a rigorous yet welcoming gatehouse security presence at the clients' site, in addition to supporting with operational issues. The Security Officer will operate the access and egress function, building relationships with staff, delivery drivers and visitors and guests. This role is primarily a security gate house and reception function, patrolling is not a requirement bar on lock up and open of the main office building.
We are looking for confident, reliable and flexible security professionals who are capable of building good relationships with visitors and clients alike. You will need to have excellent communication skills, high levels of attention to detail and should take ownership of tasks, seeing things through to completion and ensuring issues are resolved in an effective and satisfactory manner. You will have high levels of integrity and will go about your day-to-day duties with efficiency and professionalism.
Primary duties will include:
- Providing an efficient and effective Security Service for our client, ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained
- Access and egress duties at the site' gatehouse entrance
- Operating weigh bridge equipment, completing electronic invoicing forms and monitoring fire panels
- Effective monitoring of visitors and employees on site and assisting to maintain high levels of site security
- Understanding of and adherence to Health and Safety regulations with responsibility for the Health & Safety welfare of colleagues alongside their own
- Logging details of incoming visitors; maintaining a log of incoming customers' electronic devices
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A full SIA License is essential
- 1st Aid Certificate is highly desirable. Candidate who do not have accredited First Aid training will be required to complete a First Aid course
- Full driving license and access to own transport essential
- Flexibility to works across shifts patterns which would include days, night shifts and weekend working to assist the operation of the account but working a fixed 4 on 4 off day / night schedule
- Experience of working within a busy distribution / warehouse environment would be advantageous
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Basic IT and Microsoft Office skills essential (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Our on-site security team deliver outstanding security services to our client, 24 hours per day, across 7 days per week. The hours are offered on a shift basis of 4 days, 4 off; 4 nights, 4 off. Days shifts are 06:00-18:00; Nights shifts are 18:00-06:00. There is no flexibility to amend the shift pattern so it is essential that applicants can commit to this working pattern.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***