Fuel Chemisty Specialist - Aviation Fuel
Fuel Chemistry Specialist - Bristol
6 month contract - should be longer term
Excellent contract rates available
High profile avionic projects
Aviation Fuel + Biofuel +Fuel additives
Support to fuel, additive and incidental material clearance, technical aspects of formal clearance for continued in-service usage from ATA28 & ATA48 perspectives. In addition, providing technical support for non-revenue flight demonstrations, flight/ground testing, aircraft production issues (Mise au Point) and in-service Customer Support queries where required.
Support fuel systems equipment suppliers with new fuels & additives clearance activity - fluid mechanical and fuel quantity indication (FQI) equipment;
Support, in harmony with the WPL and Expert, other domains regarding clearance activity:
- Powerplant & Auxiliary Power Unit Integration (EPT/EPV)
- Materials & Processes (ESM);
- Fuel Systems Customer Support (SEEE5);
- Safety & Reliability (EYDS);
- Systems Sales & Marketing (EYIC);
Liaise with other divisions, coordinating clearance activity with Helicopters and Defence & Space where engineering activity overlaps.
Co-maintainer & contributor to the overall process for reviewing and analysing data from new fuel production pathways, new additives or incidental material approvals, determining acceptability of such materials, updating the process based on in-service experience, lessons learnt, new data and output from related Research & Technology projects.
Support fuel continual product development activity and new aircraft development programmes with regards to fuel & additive compatibility (equipment qualification, rig testing as well as aircraft ground & flight test)
Research & Technology
Contribute to and review the fuel chemistry aspects of R&T project proposals, monitoring & reviewing output from projects on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and competences:
- Degree in engineering or chemistry, or equivalent industry experience;
- Knowledge of fuel system specification and design;
- Knowledge of fuel production, supply, quality assurance and industry regulation;
- Knowledge of turbo-machinery design and airframe integration would be advantageous;
- Experience in project management would be a plus;