Complex Care- Home Carer
Full Training Provided
We are seeking empathetic individuals with previous complex care experience to join our Care at Home team in the Barnstaple area. You will provide essential care and support to adults in their own homes or in supported living environments to enable them to live more independently. It is essential that you are willing to travel to client locations, and will need access to your own vehicle for this.
It is also essential that you've worked in a similar role previously, and are able to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan. Client-specific inductions will be provided, with full training and shadow shifts also available if required.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives, hence we are looking for experienced individuals with a caring approach. Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities is especially desirable.
Our ideal candidate will have gained experience through working with any of the following:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Learning Disability
- Degenerative medical conditions (such as Motor Neurone Disease)
- Medication Administration
- Pressure Management
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work, you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Home Care Assistant:-
- Up to GBP12.96/hr paid weekly, including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team, 365 days a year
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
To apply for this care assistant job vacancy you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care with medication administration certificate is highly preferable
- Experience of clients with learning disabilities desirable
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.