Complex Care Home Care Assistant
We are seeking experienced, dedicated Home Care Assistants to join our Taunton Home Care Team, working in the Williton area.
To be successful in this role, you must have a compassionate, sensitive approach and be able to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in-line with their personalised care plan.
You should be an experienced carer, with the drive to expand your knowledge base to cover complex needs. This could include: learning disabilities, tracheostomy, suctioning, stoma, ventilators and challenging behaviour, however, any experience in a complex care role could be accepted.
Day-to-day tasks could include medication administration, PEG feeding, mobilisation, pressure management as well as personal hygiene and enabling our clients to take part in their favourite activities.
Work flexible hours of your choice, choose your own rota and take advantage of comprehensive, ongoing training in your local area (free through our work credits).
Within this role, we can offer you:
- Up to GBP12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Weekly pay - delivered accurately and on time
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
To apply for this position you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication administration certificate highly desirable
- Drivers preferred
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.