Home Care Assistant - Complex Care
Care Assistant Job in Drayton, Portsmouth - Complex Care at Home
We are seeking experienced Home Carers / Care Assistants to join our friendly Complex Care team based in Chichester. We are working with clients in Fareham, Havant, Portsmouth and the surrounding areas, so we're looking for experienced team members who can work in those locations.
We specialise in providing the highest quality, person-centred care to adults and children with complex health needs in their own homes, so we are looking for dedicated, experienced and empathetic individuals. Our clients require care at all times of the day and night, so there is the opportunity to build a rota that suits you.
You will play an essential role in supporting this care through your kind and compassionate approach that protects the dignity of the client and is in-line with their personalised care plan. Through your promotion of independence, you will enable our clients to participate in their favourite activities and live fulfilling lives.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Care Assistant, with the drive to expand their knowledge base to deliver first class complex care to clients. Ideally, you will have experience in any of the following areas: learning disabilities, autism, tracheostomies, suctioning, stomas, ventilators and/or challenging behaviours, however any previous experience in a complex care role could be accepted.
Within this Care Assistant role in our Complex Care team, we can offer you:
- Up to GBP15.04/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed, flexible hours that suit you
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support and in order to ensure that you always have enough work, you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
In order to be considered for this care assistant job, you must have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Medication administration certificate highly desirable
- Own transport preferred (but willing to travel by public transport essential)
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.