Role: Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Purpose of the role:
To learn and apply skills that will enable you to work within the marketing department to help develop, implement and manage our marketing strategy. Our strategy aims to improve existing customer relations, create new business opportunities and increase brand awareness of relevant RSG companies.
Main areas of involvement:
- Social Media: Most of our brands have various social media profiles. You will be asked to manage parts of our social media strategy.
- Communications: We keep everyone informed internally whilst communicating messages and campaigns externally. You will manage the internal newsletter and assist with emails, mailshots, adverts etc. to achieve this.
- Analytics and reporting: It's important that we monitor our progress using feedback and analytics. You will be involved in retrieving and interpreting data that we can use for planning and evaluation.
- Digital: We manage all of our brand websites and blogs. You may be asked to help us manage these using content management systems.
- Event Management: The marketing team plays a huge role in managing internal and external events. You will assist the team in the event preparation and management.
- Content creation: We produce blogs, email campaigns, newsletters and white papers. You will have involvement in the production of regular content.
- Research and planning: Research helps us plan events and other initiatives. You will be asked to undertake research tasks aligned to a specific campaign.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The quality of generated content (internal/external comms, blogs, social media etc.)
- Ability to learn how to use new marketing programmes and activities
- Workplace behaviour (work rate, demeanour, professionalism)
- Responsible representation of the RSG brand and it's values
- Administrative and organisational capability
- Ability to eventually operate independently as part of the team
Skills & Experience:
- Undertaken a degree in Marketing or Business and/or 1 year minimum experience in a marketing role
- IT proficiency - Windows applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of written and spoken English
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels (internal & external)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good telephone communication manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Administrative skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to work towards targets
- Ability to show initiative
- A willingness to learn
- Willing to contribute and provide ideas
Please send your applications to Michelle Smith at (see below)