Complex Care & Personal Assistant Home Care
Bournemouth Complex Care & Personal Assistant Jobs
Our Bournemouth Complex Care Team is growing and we are looking for Home Carers to deliver complex care to children and adults in the local area of Dorset.
As a Support Worker/ Personal Assistant, you will provide essential care and support to adults and children in their own homes, living with a range of complex healthcare needs. It is essential that you have worked in a similar job previously and are able to work well under pressure.
It's important that you have experience in any of the following:
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Learning disability
- Degenerative medical conditions (Such as Motor Neurone Disease)
Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the service users with day to day living.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Complex Care team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives. You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
The benefits of joining the Newcross Care at Home team include:
- Salary of up to GBP12.68/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- One-to-one relationship with a local service manager
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate individual with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
To apply for this complex care role, you will also need:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care at home role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- Full driving license and access to a car.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way