Paediatric Complex Care Support Worker
We are currently recruiting caring and experienced Support Workers to join our Complex Care team in Plymouth, working day or night weekend shifts with children in and around the local area.
You will need to have previous experience of working with children between the ages of 3 - 18 who may have mental health issues, learning disabilities or challenging behaviour. You will have a conscientious and compassionate approach, recognising the potential of each individual child and championing their needs.
Daily tasks may include offering support with domestic routines, socialisation and educational activities.
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the children you will be supporting, their needs and care plans. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Support Worker:-
- Salary of up to GBP15.09/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free criminal record (DBS) check upfront
- Free ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager based in Plymouth
- Central support team available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
In order to be considered for this support worker job you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar role working with children
- Referee contact details for your current place of work and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- Access to your own transport is essential
- You must also be willing to get business insurance for you vehicle.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.