Complex Home Carer
Our Southampton Home Care service is growing as people experience the real difference the Newcross Standard of Care brings.
As such, we now have vacancies available for Complex Care at Home Assistants with at least 3 months care experience to join our team, providing the highest quality of care to adults in the Southampton area.
We are especially interested to hear from individuals with previous experience in palliative care, with medication training desirable.
It is essential that you are willing to travel within the local areas in order to reach client locations, with access to your own vehicle desirable. We have a variety of shifts available, including days, nights and weekends - allowing for a flexible work rota suited to your home life.
Within your role, you will be providing the highest quality, person-centred care to every service user you encounter. Every individual we care for has a personalised care plan tailored to their individual needs. It is imperative that you are confident in delivering this care whilst promoting the clients independence and protecting their dignity to the best of your ability.
Daily tasks could include medication administration, mobilisation and pressure management as well as personal hygiene and enabling our clients to take part in their favourite activities. For those seeking a challenge, full training is available to care for more complex clients eg those with tracheostomies and who require ventilation.
We employ only the very best staff to provide this life enhancing care, so if you are dedicated to improving client wellbeing and quality of life, we'd love to hear from you.
Benefits of working as a Home Carer with Newcross:
- Up to GBP14.46/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours that suit you
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Free ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- One to one relationship with a local service manager based in Southampton
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team, available 365 days a year
Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
In order to be considered for this caring position you will need to have:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.