Support Worker Complex Care
Learning Disabilities Support Worker Job in Poole (Complex Care)
We're looking for the most compassionate and caring Support Workers to work with a young lady with a learning disability, living in her own home in the Poole area of Dorset.
You will provide an essential service supporting this young lady, aiding her with activities in the community and helping her in all aspects of her life. This may involve a range of tasks including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic tasks.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support and in order to ensure you always have enough work, you will also be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
Benefits of being a Newcross Complex Care Team Member:
- Salary of up to GBP14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage expenses for most clients
- Free Criminal record (DBS) check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download timesheets and receive payslips
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- Ongoing training and development through our training credits scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
In order to be considered for this support worker job, you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care at home role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Autism awareness and breakaway training
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- Full driving license and access to a car.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.