Children's Complex Care Home Care
We are seeking experienced Children's Personal Assistant to work in a sensitive and professional manner with a young female client either side of her school day, in Southampton including Sholing, Thornhill, Woolston, Bitterne, Bursledon.
Ideally we are seeking car drivers to work flexible day shifts in this role.
You be an essential part of each child's care and support network so it is essential that you have worked in similar environments previously and are able to work well under pressure.
Due to the complex healthcare challenges that our clients present, we are especially seeking applicants with experience in one or more of these areas:
- Medication Administration
- PEG Medication & Feeds
- Mobilisation (Moving & Handling)
- Personal Care
- Oral Suctioning
- Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Diabetic Awareness and Observations
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Care at Home team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives. You will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the children with day to day living.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the children to interact with their families and also the local community and school, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. This care will be delivered at key times of the day and can involve short calls with different children, or all day visits with the same child.
Withing this Home Care Role, we can offer you:
- Salary of up to GBP15.04/hr, paid weekly incl. holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free and criminal record (DBS) check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Comprehensive, client specific induction and training
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
- 24 hour contact through a dedicated central support team
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
To apply for this care at home position you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar role in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- Access to your own vehicle
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a support worker job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.