Children's Complex Care - Home Autism Support
Children's Personal Assistant - Autism Support (Complex Care)
We are seeking a compassionate Personal Assistant to support children in their own homes in the central Bournemouth areas.
It is essential that you have or currently are working with children. The job role involves looking after a single child and/or children who have 2:1 care provision in their own home and/or assisting them to access activities in the community.
We have several packages with children who have some form of challenging behaviour linked to autism. There are hours available after school, weekends and in school holidays.
You will have gained experience through working in any of the following areas:
- Children with Challenging Behaviour
Within your role, you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication in some instances and assisting with day to day living activities. All our Children have an individualised personal care plans.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work, you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
The benefits of joining Newcross' Complex Care Team include:
- Salary of up to GBP15.04/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free training through credits earned as you work and access to complex care specific training
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- One-to-one relationship with a local service manager
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
In order to be considered for this personal assistant job, you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working with children
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving license and access to a car.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.