Complex Care Personal Assistant Home Care
We are seeking an experienced Adult Personal Assistant to join our complex care at home team on the Isle of Wight, West Wight. We are especially interested to hear from candidates able to cover day and night shifts in the local area.
It is essential that you are willing to travel to client homes, with access to your own vehicle desirable but not essential.
Our ideal team member will also have experience in spinal injuries and other complex care needs.
About our team on the Island
Unlike an agency, we focus on offering our staff a permanent job with all the flexibility to maintain a work/life balance. Enjoy a permanent contract, guaranteed house and free training with Newcross.
Recently awarded a 'good' rating by the CQC with special mention of our 'dedicated', 'kind' and 'knowledgeable' staff, our complex care at home team are caring for more clients than ever before. So whatever your specialist experience, we've got the role for you.
So if you are a passionate individual that takes pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the well-being and quality of life of every individual you care for, we want to hear from you.
Benefits of working as a Newcross Personal Assistant:
- Salary of up to GBP9.70/hr paid weekly plus bank holiday enhancements
- Permanent contract with guaranteed hours that suit you
- Free DBS check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to GBP500 per successful referral
- One to one relationship with a local service manager
- Local branch support based on the Isle of Wight
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
In order to be considered for this caring role, you must have the following:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care desirable
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.