Administrator - Head Office of childcare nursery
Puffins of Exeter Ltd have been providing childcare in Exeter and Torquay for over 27 years.
We are looking for an Administrator to work within the Head Office of our organisation, which provides childcare in 6 nurseries based in Exeter and Torquay, together with an After School Club and Holiday Club. The hours are 35 per week, worked between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
The main duties of the position are:
• answering the telephone and directing calls
• dealing with enquiries from our clients with regards to their accounts
• carry out data input for administration and office systems
• dealing with internal and external post
• photocopying and shredding
• preparation of stationery requests and training resources
• maintaining filing systems
• providing support to Managers throughout the Company and Head Office
• participate in professional development and training.
The successful applicant must be a good communicator and have the ability to work under pressure. Good literacy and numeracy skills are essential, as are excellent computer skills/knowledge.
Maths & English Grades A - C are essential.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work towards achieving NVQ Level 2, or above, or equivalent, in Business Administration.
Puffins are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and employing a workforce that reflects the cultural diversity of our society. We expect all staff to share these commitments.
We offer great opportunities for professional development and further training, together with a good range of other benefits including 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check, the cost of which will be met by the employee.