Telephone Sales Manager - Plymouth
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an established and successful commercial sales team based in Plymouth. In this newly created position, you will take responsibiltity for the achievement of sales teams KPI's and revenue budgets across both print and digital advertising. This role will require someone who leads from the front setting clear objectives/goals a strong leader who manages, nurtures and develops their sales people through the process of tactical or the consultative sales approach.
Trinity Mirror Plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
- To effectively manage a Telesales trade advertising sales team, ensuring maximum efficiency is achieved whilst dealing with direct customers and optimising revenue opportunities and online sales.
- To achieve set advertising targets based on customer numbers, orders, AOV and volume per region.
- Achievement of team KPI through sales team members.
- Use relevant computer programs to adhere to the requirements of the role.
- Assist on the recruitment of successful sales staff, manage and retain your sales team by implementing effectively the company's employment policies and practices.
- To continually strive to lower the cost of sales and support through , without compromising quality of service provided to the customer through reduction in client touch points and increased booking duration.
- To maintain a consistent marketing approach to promote all trade advertising packages and continually encourage customers to transfer their booking to self-serve.
- To develop and maximise advertising revenue through strategic innovation and creativity.
- Provide solutions to challenges raised within the team and share knowledge amongst the team using the appropriate method and time.
- To complete monthly one to ones with Sales staff to discuss performance and targets, achievements and future development objectives.To complete probationary assessments, interim PDR and yearly PDR at the appropriate time.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Proven sales record.
- Strong problem solving capabilities and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks at any given time.
- Driven with a strong desire to succeed.