Apprentice Cadet - Printing Services
Salary: £6,946 [£3.60 per hour] (above average salary for a local employer)
Contract Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Fixed Term from 01/09/2017 until 02/09/2017
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Gold Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. A south Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months. During which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don’t worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are currently recruiting for a Printing Services Apprentice Cadet to join our IT & Print Services team here at South Devon College. You will be required to offer a core printing and finishing service on a daily basis whilst undertaking administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the print room and the use of printing across the college. You will need to provide an excellent customer service to both staff and students, responding to enquiries regarding printing, copying and resource creation; whilst ensuring that resource and print request timescales are communicated appropriately to staff.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work with accuracy and to a high quality, within prescribed time-scales, and be confident in the use of IT, with working knowledge of office software. You will need to hold English and Maths qualifications (Level 2 or equivalent). We are looking for someone who is well organised and self-motivated, who is able to communicate effectively by telephone, in person and electronically.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
* Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
* Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
* Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%. – worth £700 per year
* FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
* FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
* Staff discount via the NUS discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
* Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight, Thursday 13th August 2017
Interview Date: w/c Monday 21st August 2017
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.