Care Assistant in Barry
Do you want to work for the best performing council in Wales? If so we want to hear from you.
Recruiting for a 23 room Residential care home in Barry specialising in looking after elderly residents with Dementia. We are looking for enthusiastic Carers with a proactive approach to the role.
Randstad supply staff to a large number of Care homes within the Vale of Glamorgan area. Within the care home, residents enjoy a number of activities including bingo, gardening and arts and crafts.
- Free training available to update qualifications and training modules.
- Ongoing support from dedicated consultant specialising in social work
- 24 hour out of hours service
- Master Vendor for 10 local authorities throughout South and West Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive care provider in the area. Our client prides themselves on developing their people and providing fantastic training opportunities. The care home has on-site car parking for staff as well as being located close to major transport routes and shops.
Other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Accrued Holiday pay
* On site Parking
* Flexible working hours
* Dedicated consultant to help guide you through the recruitment process
Responsibilities: In addition to being passionate and enthusiastic about providing care for the elderly, other duties will include:
* Dressing, Bathing and general personal care.
* Administering medicine.
* To assist and support residents with daily life tasks and recreational and social activities.
* Deliver a professional service that meets physical and mental needs to elderly residents.
* To assist, support and encourage residents to maintain existing relationships and develop new ones and to provide assistance where necessary to visitors, friends and relatives to support this aim.
You will have proven experience of working with resident with Dementia. Other requirements include:
* An online DBS or happy to complete a Randstad DBS
* Manual handling and Basic Life Support / First Aid training - training can also be provided.
* Experience in a health and social care role with a flexible approach to working hours
* A good understanding of each resident's individual needs and requirements.
Randstad Care are the UK's largest specialist Health and Social care recruitment provider. We have over 60 years of experience in helping care professionals find their roles. You will have a dedicated consultant to guide you through the recruitment process and ensure this is the best role to fit you. If you are successful a consultant will contact you within 48 hours to discuss your experience and arrange an interview.
If you are interested in this really exciting opportunity and are keen to progress your career this could be the ideal post for you.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.