- Part Time
Salary: Up to £8.29 per hour* (16-20 hrs per wk
Region: Mendip Area
Job Type: Permanent
Vacancy Group: Residential Services
We are currently looking for caring and empathetic individuals to join our well established team here at Somerset Care.
Our Care Assistants play one of the most important parts in ensuring that our customers receive the highest standard of care that they deserve.
As a Care Assistant you will be involved in supporting the daily activities of our customers ensuring a person centred approach is undertaken at all times. We take pride in the standard of care we deliver ensuring we promote dignity, independence and well- being at all times.
No experience is necessary as you will be given full training and support right from the out set, all we ask is that you are passionate about helping people to live their lives to their best ability ensuring that they are happy and comfortable at all times.
You will possess good communication skills and the ability to work as part of team. As part of your role you will be required to work alternate weekends.
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
- A welcome bonus of £250
- Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
- Structured career path and progression opportunities
- An employer contribution pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 28 days annual leave
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
- Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team by clicking the apply button for details.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.