Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England's oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. We are situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
We are currently looking for a Registrar to join our admissions team, working as a key contributor to the development of Downside School's effective pupil recruitment strategy. As a Registrar or Senior Admissions Officer ideally you will have previous successful experience of recruiting pupils from the UK and overseas into a boarding environment, and are ready to take on a new challenge.
You will have the ability to foster and develop excellent relationships with prospective parents, agents, schools, pupils and other internal key stakeholders. This requires first class organisation and administration skills, with a methodical and thorough approach to work, juggling competing priorities without compromising on service. It is important to have demonstrable knowledge of the UK Visa & Immigration Tier 4 Process. Some of the key responsibilities for our Registrar are;
- To keep abreast of all matters (including legal/procedural) relating to admissions to the School, advising the Director of Admissions as necessary.
- To be a key contact for all matters relating to admissions to the School.
- Dealing with prospective parents.
- To supervise the management and execution of, and to be present at, all School Open Days, Assessment days, and 'Welcome' days for prospective pupils.
- To attend School exhibitions at home and overseas to recruit pupils for the school, as required. Overseas travel involving visiting agents, exhibitions, recruitment fairs and meeting potential families. This can be up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year.
- To manage and operate the UK Visa and Immigration Tier 4 Process.
You will benefit from free parking, free lunch, access to our Employee Wellbeing programmes, eligibility for School Fee remission and 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank and Public Holidays. The role is full time, permanent and salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please complete an application form through our applicant tracking system CV Minder on website via the button below. Please contact the HR email address if you require further information - you can also complete an application form and submit to email. Please contact the HR email address if you require further information.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Thursday 28th September 2017. Interviews will be held on Monday 9th October.
Downside is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS checked. We are an equal opportunities employer. By car, we are within 40 minutes of Bristol, 30 minutes of Bath and 15 minutes of Wells. Registered Charity Number: