Customer Service Adviser - Shipley
Customer Service Adviser - Shipley
You like making a difference
We feel exactly the same
At Santander we're aiming to make everything simpler for customers and colleagues. When our customers visit one of our branches you will be their first point of contact, offering a personal and efficient service backed up by a great range of products. That will involve a lot more than just answering questions - you will play a key role in building relationships with our customers by transacting on and servicing accounts, helping them with a wide range of enquiries regarding our products and services and working with colleagues to provide the right solutions to meet their needs.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn't happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond - every day.
As a Customer Service Advisor your main responsibilities will be
- Making our customers feel like they're dealing with a person - not a bank
- Acting as a first point of contact, offering a personal service, supported by a range of great products
- Building relationships with our customer, to find solutions that are right for them
- Developing your knowledge of our products, and the overall market, to provide authoritative advice and insight to customers and colleagues
- Identifying ways to improve our customer journey, and using your initiative to suggest effective solutions
- Working shift pattern: Monday-Saturday 35 hours/week
Minimum skills and experience required
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- The motivation to go above-and-beyond for our customers
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- The computer and numeracy skills needed to excel in a highly regulated environment
- A flexible approach to work, and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
Salary is GBP16,000 per annum basic.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
- Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to being fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Through our partnerships and employee led networks we seek to empower everyone to develop their full potential. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
In order to help you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life we support you in meeting your commitments outside of work and offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options. We also support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.