Systems Engineer - Verification and Validation Lead
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Systems Engineer - Verification and Validation Lead subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: The department are offering competitive hourly rates
Contract Duration: 6 months
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Systems Engineer (Communication) - Verification and Validation Lead Job Description:
The Communication System V&V Lead will be responsible for System Verification and Validation of the:
* Requirements specification and design analysis to inform V&V planning and execution.
* Production of the Communication System Design Assurance Plan (DAP) to ensure that the requirements and design are appropriately integrated (into a system) and tested (for verification, validation, certification, qualification and acceptance purposes in accordance with the defined strategy).
* Identification of test hardware and software needs (simulators, testbeds, tools and facilities, etc) in line with the overall Communication System DAP. Including any ancillary test equipment needed, and trials-specific equipment required.
* DAP schedule planning for the Communication System to include acceptance of components from equipment teams and suppliers and their integration for testing purposes.
* Production and agreement of the Communication System Design Verification Plan (DVP).
* Develop test aims, test plans, test descriptions, test data and test results to exercise the DVP.
* Conduct test activities in accordance with the plan, and report the results. Perform regression analysis and testing as required.
* Coordinate with Weapon Systems team to ensure that the overall project DAP is aligned with the Communication System DAP. To identify opportunities to reduce testing amounts and re-use test artefacts.
* Coordinate with the Weapon Systems team to ensure that the overall test schedule is aligned, complete and consistent.
*Sound understanding of Systems engineering process and use of systems methods and tools; including requirements management, system architecture and proving;
*Working knowledge of Test planning and test definition.
*A systemic thinker with the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
*An ability to adapt to changing priorities, programme needs and tasks
*Good analytical and problem solving skills
*Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
*Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent)
*Sound understanding of generic System Engineering processes (including System and Sub-System Design)
*Knowledge of tools for Requirements Management (preferably DOORS), and Configuration Management (preferably RTC)
*Use of System Modelling using SysML (& UML) (preferably using Rhapsody)
*Higher relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent)
*CEng (or equivalent)
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.